homeabout mecontact

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Vintage Views: Autumn Air

I have to admit I'm still just getting in the swing of things in terms of blogging. Luckily I have a great repertoire of blog-spiration to learn from since I follow so many on a daily basis. I want to get into the habit of having some features that I can fall back on and use for inspiration. This one in particular I will call "Vintage Views", a place where I will post vintage photographs that are inspiring me at the moment. This week's topic: Autumn!

Here in Germany, no one sweeps up leaves. Really, no one. They sit on the sidewalk for weeks and weeks until they basically rot away or become one with the sidewalk. Some days it's hard to tell where the sidewalk ends and the street begins, which can be a little dangerous for bike riding, but beautiful none the less. Even though the frigid mornings and nights are not what I'm used to, I've never had such a beautiful autumn back in California. It's truly breathtaking.


1955

1959

  
1960

1961 

 
1965

 1970

1970

  
1976

All photos found here, site via Miss Moss

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment