homeabout mecontact

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nails: mint + floral


Experimenting with color and pattern is a great way to keep inspired on those gloomy, foggy afternoons. Recently I went to a kitschy 1960's themed bar called Flower Power, and decided it was completely necessary to decorate my nails for the occasion. I've been a huge fan of Sally Hansen's salon effects strips since I tried them for the first time last spring. Luckily, I brought a pack of strips in Girl Flower over from the states.

However, once the night came and went, I felt the bold pattern was a little too bright for the rest of my winter wardrobe, so I gave them a little make-over! Using tape, I covered the cuticle-section of my nails and painted over the strips with a minty green color from Forever 21.

That day in my classes I was getting lots of complements on my "reverse french manicure". Give it a try, and don't be afraid to mix.


Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment