homeabout mecontact

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving in Germany










It was really hard being away from my family this Thanksgiving. I've never missed one; even last year when I was working 30+ hours a week in a town 4 hours away, I still did a 1 day road trip there and back in order to make it back for Black Friday. And this year my older sister cooked and hosted for the first time (Congrats Crystal!). 

However, I have to mention that one of the biggest things I'm thankful for this year is the amazing study abroad family I have here in Germany. The Americans decided to gather at our friends Chelsea and Tobi's apartment to celebrate (along with 2 Macedonians and a couple other Germans sprinkled in). My favorite thing ever was during the toast, when we went around the table and each said something we were thankful for this year. We pretty much all made a point to say we were thankful for each other (with a few mentioning the mountains of food), and it was hard not to tear up. I'm so glad to have made such good friends in such a short amount of time, and it's going to be hard leaving them in March! 

Unfortunately there wasn't enough room to bring my roommates along, so I'll have to plan to bake or cook something special for them next week to tell them how thankful I am to have them, too. They've made this whole study abroad experience really special for me.

I hope you all had a fantastic and warm Thanksgiving full of family and love. I'm sending mine from Germany.

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment