homeabout mecontact

Friday, February 3, 2012

A Self-Portrait Challenge

 Today I was blog surfing as normal when I came across this challenge on The Paper Mama. I've been seeing lots of themes this month along the lines of loving your body, your mind, and yourself and I find it all so empowering and wonderful. Especially coming out of January when so many people are in the "LET'S GET THIN" mindset. I'm all for being healthy but sometimes in the influx of motivational pictures and recipes coming up on my pinterest and blog reads, I get overwhelmed and feel increasing guilty as the days go by and I'm still trying to finish off that bottomless box of ice cream. I need to love me, right now.


 Obsessing over…
Snow! The ground is covered here in Dessau which are weather conditions I'm not used to. The beauty, the smell, the noise! When I hear that crunching noise of snow under my boots, I'm flooded with happy snow memories from my childhood.

Working on…
One school project left for my CadLogic class, and then I'm done with school here in Dessau. Time flies, man.

Thinking about…
Warmer places, although I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Anticipating…
Going home... as much as I love Germany, I really miss my family and friends and I'm ready to welcome them back into my life (in person, and not on skype!).

Listening to…
My upstairs neighbor's ungodly loud washing machine. Is it necessary to do laundry every day?

Eating…
I haven't eaten much today on account of a wine hangover. Headaches for dayz.

Wishing…
I'm wishing I could pack up all my new friends here and put them in my suitcase. The official "goodbyes" have started and it's all got me feeling weepy.


Time for me to hit the library!
Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment